• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RIP Buddy!

thorski

I had to put my buddy down yesterday. Very hard to do. He had been an absolute fantastic member of our family for many years. It was very difficult to look at the vacant spot where he use to lay and not see him there this morning. I know time had caught-up to him and he was suffering. So for him, it was the right thing to do. Me and the rest of my family would only wish him back purely for our own selfish reasons. If there is a dog heaven, I'm sure he is there.

You will be missed buddy! RIP, you deserve it. We love you!

Thank-you guys for your words of support! A person always tries to prepare themselves for the day that you know is coming. I knew I was doing the right thing, thought I had prepared myself mentally and thought I would feel more relieved after it was over, but it still hit hard. It is nice to have a forum like this where you know that there are others who understand and "been there, done that"! Thanks again!

Bless you all!

I know your pain. My 11 year old lab died at home on presidents day. I had the appt set for 4:00 that day but she did not make it. It was very strange and painful to come home from work and not feed her. It was the very first thing i did everyday. Its sure is different in the house without her begging for food and sleeping in her favorite spot behind the couch. It does get easier as time goes but she was a member of the family as well.

Sorry to hear of your loss, The hardest thing about owning a dog is when that day comes. I hope you and your family come to peace. It took me 16 years to get another dog after my lab was put down. I wish I would have not waited so long because Gypsy now 5 has been an absolute dream in all aspects of her life (Hunting, family etc)

I almost lost her last early metro goose openor from an ATV accident with one of my Sons. Almost 180 stitches to sew her up...Of course this was a Sunday and we had a 2 hour drive to the nearest Dr. After 2 more surguries she has recovered 100 %.

Gypsy is my shadow I move she moves....crying just thinking about loosing her.

I will pray for your family and of course Buddy

Thanks for your prayers tb...a while back I lost a dog that was hit by a car. It took me a long time to "want" another dog as well. I think each dog "loss" circumstance is different and determines how long it takes for someone to be ready to accept another dog into thier lives. I think I will be ready for another dog a lot sooner than the last time. A friend of mine had to put his dog down last fall and now has a new puppy. He and I got to talking the other day about dogs and I reluctantly started looking at a HSOforum with available dogs. At first I was feeling guilty for looking at other dogs so soon after putting mine down. But, the more I looked at dogs the better I started to feel and I actually started to look forward to someday having another dog around. My dog had a pretty long and good life. I would like to think that he wouldn't want us to be sad for long and want us, when the time is right, to find the another dog and provide it with a the same good home that he had. Anyway..I didn't mean to ramble-on. Just wanted to say thanks!

One of the toughest thing a man can go through, especially with his family...

A quote worked for me whenever I miss my Golden Retriever, Copper Jr... He crossed the rainbow bridge about 2 1/2 years ago... "Dont be sad because hes passed on, but be happy because of how he lived and loved"...

Consolences... You'll see him again someday!!!

Thanks Rebel... The local vet clinic staff handled our situation with great care. Two days after, we got a really nice card in the mail from the them with "The Rainbow Bridge" in it. I had never read it before. It did help.