• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Drain Plug Regs

amateurfishing

You guys caught me on a slow day at work yesterday. Ever since I saw the DNR wash station on Gull Lake last year i have wondered how many people are able to comply with the recommendation to pressure wash the boat with very hot water (over 140 degrees F) before putting the boat into a different body of water within 7 days.

We were discussing this topic at work & one of the guys called a plumber that he knows. The plumber told him that most of the hot water heaters he puts in are factory set to 120 degrees. He will adjust them up or down for customers, & most people have them set to 125 or 130. He hasn't seen one set to 140 in quite some time.

Where I live there are hundreds of lakes within 30 miles & many people fish different lakes several times a week. If zebra mussels can live on the hull of a boat for 7 days out of the water then I don't think there is anyway to prevent their spread to every public lake in the state.