• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A few pics from a Partridge tournament

Some friends were shooting in a tournament over the weekend. I want to eventually start to run in these with my new pup, so I stopped out to check one out and brought the camera with.

Unfortunately, I couldn't run behind them with the camera, so some of these shots were from long distance and cropped. All shot freehand with no mono-pod. Sun wasn't at the ideal angle to my fixed position, but made due.

Start of Run:

full-17729-17817-img_3263.jpg

Tbone with the first point:

full-17729-17826-img_3286.jpg

Bird is kicked up, right above his head:

full-17729-17818-img_3297.jpg

Bird is hit:

full-17729-17819-img_3304.jpg

Next Bird is pointed and flushed:

full-17729-17820-img_3367.jpg

Bird in the bag:

full-17729-17821-img_3371.jpg

In this one, they weren't expecting a double flush. He pounds the first bird and the second one you'll notice is heading for the judge...he hits the deck smile

full-17729-17822-img_3389.jpg

Notice the first bird is still in the air (along with the feathers), judge on the ground, but he never shot at the 2nd bird.

full-17729-17823-img_3394.jpg

End of run on the way back. probably 125 yards away...

full-17729-17824-img_3396.jpg

The Contestants:

full-17729-17825-mikeandtoryoriginal.jpg

Very nice!

I love the the 2 shots of the double flush. Looks like the judge was worried that he was out with a former Vice President.

gringrinwink

I dont think the judge was worried about him, but she was off to the left and he would have been in line with her shot. Neither one took the shot.

I actually never seen the 2nd bird thru the lens taking picture, I was focused on the feather plume grin