• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rangers and Tracks

Bothun

I'm looking at buying a Ranger this spring and adding tracks.

I've driven both the 500 and the 800 and for what I will be doing with it I dont see much reason for the extra 200cc and three thousand dollars.

Is there anyone out there that has tracks on your 500? If so what brand and would appreciate an opinion on them.

I'm going to mainly use it for ice fishing. I'm not looking for the year around tracks as I would have the tires on in the warmer months.

No personal experience here, but I agree with griz on this one.

Seems like the tracks would suck up quite a bit of power and I would go to the largest ponies I could get.

I seen one driving around on Mille Lacs this weekend and it was pretty Bad Arse.

I've owned a 700 Ranger with Polaris tracks, and currently own an 800 Ranger with Tatou 4S Camoplast tracks.

I did not get the Power Steering which I regret.

The Campolast Tracks are far superior in deep snow and steeper terrain than the Polaris.

Always opt for the most power, you won't regret it.

I have a 2011 Gator 825i with camoplast 4s utv tracks. I would always buy a year round track even if they are only going to be used in the winter, they are just more durable. As for power, the bigger the better in my eyes. These tracks take alot more effort than tires. I have a friend that has a 500 side by side with tracks and he regrets trying to save a couple of grand. I would rather spend 15K vs 12-13k knowing I have the power when I need it.

here is a pic of mine:

full-13775-16383-img_0008.jpg