• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spearing LOTW?

ac777

Going to be in baudette this weekend, thought if the fishing was slow, id give spearing a shot. Anyone speared there before? What are some good depths/areas to try? Not looking for your spot, just a general location/area. Thanks

I tried spearing at Zippel Bay a couple years ago. I used one of their rental houses, which was set up in shallow water. They had a road just for their spear houses. You could probably set-up by them. Just as Sunnie said, visibilty is limited. I had a slow day. Actually saw nothing. There are some big pike in LOTW and it would be fun to see them.

You could also set-up in deeper water, in a walleye area, and see what happens. We caught some nice pike in deeper water while jigging for walleyes and on tip-ups.

Go!!! We have been up there spearing and have done well! Actually the water is not that bad for clarity this year where as most lakes have not been real clear. 43" 24 pounds was our best and another guy I know got a 46" Lots of 40"+ fish on tip ups too! Its crazy when you can just sit there and video big pike!!

The slot limit gets in the way of a real good time

Thats interesting. I live up here and have fished the LOTW all my life. I love to catch BIG Pike and think the slot makes for a real good time. We have way more truely BIG Pike now than 15-20 years ago thats for sure. Most certainly on account of the slot.