• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whitefish on whitefish bay

Late last March we got into 3 whitefish on WFBay. We got our lake trout and about 35 tulibie also. I had never seen or cleaned a whitefish before. I removed the fillet and ribs then I removed what seemed to be Y bones, skin and a little mud strip. This left me a beautiful, boneless, white fillet. When we had our fish fry, which consisted of walleye & 1 whitefish I was amazed at how GREAT the whitefish tasted. ? Is there a way to target these fish? The ones we caught were about 6 lbs each. I saw on a fishing show that they have teeth on their tongue and these did. If anyone can chime in on whitefish info; catching cleaning cooking size limits season etc.. especially on WFBAY I would appreciate it. Thaks WFT

Try contacting Jeff Gustafson out off Kenora, he should be able to put you on whitefish and show you how to fish them if you get him to guide you for a day. It would be money well spent to save lots of time figuring things out.