• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Burst ?

Jcup

Hello, I just had a question about the burst mode on my nikon D60. I have been trying to do some birds in flight lately and it seems like no matter what setting I have on it will only do 4 shots continuously before it has to buffer. I went out yesterday and bought a class 10 sd card thinking maybe that would help. I see no difference really. Does anyone have any ideas on what my problem may be? Or maybe its time to upgrade from an entry level body? Any help is always appreciated!

What file format are you shooting? If you are shooting in RAW + JPEG you can expect 7 to 10 seconds after shooting about 6 frames and not much better than that if just shooting RAW. You should see in the 7 second range then. If you are shooting JPEG only you should be able to get off 15 to 20 shots with about a 3 to 5 second write time.

I would certainly try another memory card or two and make sure it is not related to that first. If you are getting the same performance with multiple brand name (San Disk, Lexar, etc.) it could be possible the camera might be the culprit. Try setting the camera at its lowest quality JPEG and shoot again and see if you notice any difference at all. I am not sure but I think Nikon calls the exposure balance feature active D? Try turning that off as well, I know with Canon that feature can slow write times.