• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help Me Somebody.

I need to learn how to crappie fish from a boat and in deep water. i never fish for crappies from a boat only from shore and today i did go in my boat and got my butt kicked no crappies. everyone else was getting them why not me so help learn to understand the only other fish i love. P.S i CNR all my crappies untill winter. then i can hammer them all day. but i die boating crappies in the summer an fall.

muskie.....Give us some clues here. How are you fishing now. Where are you fishing...shallow, deep, weeds, wood? What are you using for baits, tackle?

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom

muckbootsonline.com Pro Staff
Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
Catch-n Tackle Pro Staff
[email protected]

hey there minn.mf cant talk on here anymore. i fish with guy alot and he got in trouble for bad mouthing a certian sportshop. but i also fish crappies and we have been fishing them at nite around 10pm to 3am and the crappies are good from shore using a red&white tube jig. but during the day the move deep and we cant seem to catch any crappies there is structure to speak of this is a shallow prairie lake. plus the water has started to get clear and the fish might be moving deep but still we dont have what it take's to get them in the boat. what is harder casting 10.000 time's for a skie or 100.000 times for a crappie i hate being outsmarted by them silver surfers lol

Actually, as of late I've been noticing that crappies are holding somewhat shallower than they should be at this time. I'm talking like depths of even 2-3 feet! Water clarity has played a HUGE role this year though. Why exactly I'm not sure. Baitfish also seem to be roaming different areas as well. Might want to pinpoint where the baitfish are go from there...

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

i was out again last nite until 3am in the morning i was still throwing the red and white tube jig. this time i set my bobber at 5ft and just made slow retrieve nailed the crappies almost every cast and the bullgills were bitting on the tube also. did not think they were nite time feeders.