• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lund paint

trolloni

we are repainting a 1990 1650 lund tyee i called lund and they were super and give me the paint code ,trouble is its PPG acrilic urethane no one here mixes ppg ,we have nason ,diminsion shops that mix those brands ,did some digging and got a number for a ppg dealer 75 miles away called this morning and said yeah no problem,well he called back this afternoon and says he cant find a formula to mix it so i give him lund no. and he called em havent heard back today,i know you cant take paint and have it analized but they tell me they need a 3x5 inch piece to do it with, ever try to get that off? tried a razor blade all i get is flakes,and dont want gouge the metal, any sugestions? prefferably a paint code for nason in standard lund red. thanks

Doesnt the paint shop have a scanner to put on the outside of the boat to get a formula? I know we have one here. We repainted my 90 Lund Predator II chevy wildfire red I believe because of the lund ppg codes. Its about as close to factor lund red as we could get.

full-30864-14848-lund.jpg

full-30864-14849-lund2.jpg

Looks nice ,we got everything last week ,with a little more help from lund ,they even called our paint supplier for us and set it up , we shot it today and it looks good to me,im not a profesional painter, but i believe the paint lund uses is of premium quality,i couldnt take the boat to em i have it off the trailer on horses , redid that to, everything is done except i went to put new bearings and seals in friday and guess what ?right side axle is shot looks like they drove with it for 300miles all ate up!any ideas im thinkin just get a new axle?or weld a new spindle on it?

lol, sure is, its the tournament series logo. I wanted to go with the 08 prov look, predator II logo towards the back. Dealer wanted $1600-1800 for the prov set. U kiddin me I said? Designed, cut and installed all the graphics myself.