• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vet Recommendations

fishyspringer

Hello,

I am looking to find a new vet for my springer in the north metro area. The place I have been going to I dont feel they give the best care and I have been led down some roads of unnecessary tests. Also looking for someplace that is good with Dog dental(teeth cleening). What are your thoughts or recommendations?

Thank you

Not sure where you are, but I am in WBL and bring my two dogs to Birch Lake Animal Hospital, right off of 35E and 96. They have been great for us for the past 11-12 years, and they were good when I had to put my first ever dog down at age 11. Dave (lead vet I think) was great and caring and understanding, and didn't press for extra tests or procedures, but helped me to make sure I wouldn't regret anything whichever path I took on my 11 yo Rudy.

I give them high marks - they also helped keep me from spending extra in "emergency" visits by just telling me the things to look for. Saved me at least 4 or visits that as a rookie I would have probably made before talking to them.

Good folks. Good luck! smile

Just took my lab to Dr. Delmont Lieske in Maple Lake, they gave her rabies, distemper and lyme for 49.00 dollars and the previous vet I took her to charge me close to 140.00 dollars. Don't know about dental work but they saved me a lot in shots and seemed really nice caring folks. His phone number is 320-963-4314

I am in Maple Grove. Took my dog in last night for what looked like an ear infection and he has been chewing at his legs indicating itchy skin. The vet thought it may be a food allergy and suggested a hypoallergenic diet to see if it clears up. She suggested science diet. I am not a big fan of their food. Is their anything I could find in a pet food store that would have the same benefits?