• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend report

Well this weekend we went searching for some panfish. We found that the Crappies had finished spawning and the Sunfish were begining their spawn. The water temps were in the high 60's to low 70's. The Crappies were on the edges of the weeds near deep water and the Sunfish were clearing their beds and circling heavily in less than 3 feet of water. We didn't fish the Sunfish rather just watched them dance around the beds. It was more fun watching my kids look upon the big Sunfish. As for the Crappies, they would slide behind ouf baits and we were able to watch them hit our Power Tubes. All the fish we caught were returned to the water. Here are a few pictures of some of the Crappies we caught.

47b4d826b3127ccebf888572e67d0000001610

47b4d826b3127ccebf88841ca68b0000001610

47b4d826b3127ccebf88843aa6ad0000002610

47b4d826b3127ccebf888180e68d0000001610

We didn't take any pictures of the sunfish we caught because we had to let them get back to work. I hope fishing has been good for the rest of you. smile.gif

Corey Bechtold

Yea, their a lot of fun in the boat. They ask a lot of questions though. smile.gif
I didn't have a chance to get some pictures with Cole because it was his nap-time. He is insane about fishing. Gee I wonder where he gets it from? smile.gif All my kids like the outdoors and I think it's an important to teach them all I can. It helped keep me out of trouble while I was growing up. smile.gif
I cant wait to get back out again. Maybe for some other species even.... We'll see.