• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rookie Fisherman looking for help!

Hi there I'm a rookie to this whole board and I'm looking to find someone to take me out fishing and show me how to catch some nice crappies or any fish. I don't have a boat so the only fishing that I have been doing this year is fishing off shore but haven't been able to land much besides small panfish and crappies. I really love to fish but I don't have the opportunity to enjoy it. The last time I went fishing off a boat was 3 years ago fishing Big Sandy trolling for "eyes".

Welcome on deck! I took a peek at your profile and you state that you are from the Big Lake area. I'll bet that if you went into the metro area forum and looked up Matt Johnson he could give you some brilliant advice on where to go and how to go about catching some fish!Matt is our on-board roadmap of waterways here at FM. If it is wet, he's probably had a line in it.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
muckbootsonline.com Pro Staff
Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
[email protected]

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota Jim!

Big Lake huh, you can choose to either head further west or head east into the Metro. A lot of choices as far as lakes and rivers are concerned, just depends how much tarveling you want to do and what species you are looking to catch. Check out the Metro Lakes and Rivers Forum, a lot of good info in there about the area you live in, as well as a lot of people who are willing to share some tips and maybe some time on the water.

Feel free to ask any questions you have as well, someone is always here to help.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 05-26-2004).]

I'm originally from Becker and I can tell you that Thompson Lake is a decent close by lake for you. If you have a need to get out there when there's no boat available try the St. Francis River in the Sherburne Wildlife Refuge for big northerns.

There's good walleye, northern and crappie in the Elk River too, but I've only fished it in the Foley area.