• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Exude

Crappieslab.....Welcome to the site. Exude did some catching for me at early ice last year, but that's about it, yet others seem to fare quite well with it. I do much better with plastic and if some meat is needed it will be a waxie. Good to have you aboard.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
muckbootsonline.com Pro Staff
Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
[email protected]

I talked to the Exude rep at the Sportshow this spring and he tried to tell me that their pastics would outfish my Berkley Powerbait because their scent would last longer. Being a little curious I bought some and have not been impressed. During the Walleye opener when I was on the Crappies I did a head to head test. After catch and releasing about 50 crappies in 10 minutes I decided to try the Exude. In 10 minutes I caught only 4 fish and quickly went back to the Power bait. I did a similar test this weekend on the Sunfish on a Metro lake. Once again I was dissapointed with the Exude. And way back during the late ice I tried the Exude in the same hole as a Power bait. Sight fishing I watched fish after fish come up to the 2 baits and for some odd reason they kept hitting and holding on to the Power bait.

In Baseball 3 strikes your out. But I will keep trying the exude to see if this pattern keeps going. At least I have my go to lure that has a consistent producer. I'll keep you posted because tomorrow I take my 2 daughters out to try for some bluegill. I'll give them all a fair try again and weigh the facts. We'll see who comes out on top. smile.gif

The exude in 1" twisters have worked well for me in open water right after ice-out, but outside of this arena I don't think that it matters what you use and that the scent/slime coat doesn't do much to improve the fishing.In my earlier post, all I did was snip the twistertail off one and use the body on a jig, kind of like a ratfinkie. Powerbait, on the other hand, has my attention. I go to it even though Gulp is supposed to be the clear thing...not much for luck there either. In any arena. Everything seems to have its place and exude, I think, belongs in the open water.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
muckbootsonline.com Pro Staff
Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
[email protected]

Well I was out last night with my 2 daughters and I used the Exude while the kids used the Powerbait. It took about 2 minutes for Bailey to get a good sized sunfish. She caught 3 more before I even got a bite. I was casting in the same spot after she hooked a fish. After she released the fish she cast right next to me and caught another one. Brooke, the younger one, asked me why I wasn't catching any (as she was more into the snack bag than fiahing smile.gif ). After Bailey was up on me 10 fish to 0 I had all I could take. I switched over to powerbait. Periodically I went back to the Exude but only caught 1 LM Bass to show wor my efforts. Bailey also caught a nice Bass by herself. We have a few pics to show off from last night. I'll try to put them on the next new topic "sunfish color preference".