• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Benelli

Well, I pulled the trigger (pun intended) and bought a Benelli Vinci. Took it out this afternoon pheasant hunting. Didn't shoot at a bird, but decided to waste some shells and fired a single shot, and then emptied the remaining 3 shells. Wow! What a step up from the old 870! Very excited to take it to shot trap.

Did you get the super Vinci(3 1/2" shell option) or the original 3" shell? I've been looking at buying the Vinci

I got the original. I have a 3 1/2 inch gun if I need it, but with the newer ammo out there, in my opinion, you don't really even need a 3 1/2 anymore. Planning on going to shoot some trap on Wednesday. I'll have a better idea of how the gun shoots then!!!

yep shoot as many clays as you can itll help you get used to it, especially that safety !

Funny you say that. Had a hen get up yesterday out pheasant hunting. Thank God it was a hen, because I fumbled with that safety until it was out of sight.

Put about 200 rounds through the new Vinci today. I really liked the way it felt. I did experience a little of the "cheek slap" that some people have talked about, but nothing more than I felt shooting my 870...so I'll chalk that up to user error, not the gun. Cycled through the shells really well. Now that I've got it dialed in, can't wait to try drop some real birds!

they are sweet ! that saftey is funky at first, but it dont take long to gel with it !other than clays ive done some crow huntin with it ,man its fast handling , you can pile em up quickly!![i know crow hunting?]better than sittin home being quiet though !

they are sweet ! that saftey is funky at first, but it dont take long to gel with it !other than clays ive done some crow huntin with it ,man its fast handling , you can pile em up quickly!![i know crow hunting?]better than sittin home being quiet though !

Yep. I made sure to have the safety on prior to saying "pull" so that I'd have to get used to finding it and shooting. I think I got it down now. Pretty happy with it so far.