• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oil Leak Past Sensor

delmuts

When i was draining the oil reservoir on my 1990 90 hp. yam. ( had to replace the lines on it), i tried to pull the sending unit.(since it was lower than the fill) I didn't get it to come out.( it would rotate, but not out) Had the lines replaced, but now i have oil leaking from around the sending unit cap.

Do i try to clean it and use a sealer around it or?? Thanks! Delmar

I am unsure how yours is setup, but if it has a paper/cardboard seal on it it should be replaced after the seal has been broken. You will never get a good seal reusing a paper/ cardboard style seal.

If it really is impossible to remove and replace the seal you may want to try loosening it up as much as you can and injecting some RTV Silicone into it. Let it cure for about 10 minutes before reassembly.

This one is a soft plastic cap.I didn't notice any type of seal/sealer when i tried to get it off, but now figure there must have been some. Took the boat to storage yesturday, so will wait til spring to play with it. Is there a certain type of sealer that would be better for using with a petroleum product?