• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suckers

huskiesplayer15

Was just reading an article about how a guy usually throws down a 6 inch sucker down the hole next to them. He claimed that by having this down is it attracts crappies and sunfish. i t also helps that when your line isn't down,(unhooking, rebaiting etc) that this big minnow keeps the sunnies and crappies around longer. Has any one else heard of this? Does this only work in shallow water? Does this work Suspended? Just wondering, saw the great article by matt, but does this seem to make sense for anyone else. This is first post in this forum.
Best Fishes
Chris
How is everyone elses hump day going?

Keep in mind that the minnow does not need to be large... even a crappie minnow is enough to keep fish interested. There are times when I go fishing strictly for sunfish, but I still have a crappie minnow down in one hole to hold the fish near me. In clear water you can actually watch them follow it around, and occasionally even bite.