• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bhut jolikia plant

luckycrank

They are perennial and have overwintered them in the past, but used grow lights. You may actually get that thing to flower if you would do this; do not know the photo requirements of the bhut for fruiting but would think 14/15 or so would be sufficient. Without extra light you might get it through the winter....never have tried though. Would find the sunniest place possible and cut back for sure on fertilizer and water as little as possible. Would probably also cut the plant back as well.

I planted one in a pot last winter and its doing good although no peppers currently will survive winter indoors with minimal light? and blossom in the spring?

What I would do is go to the hardware store and pick up the full spectrum daylight flourescent grow bulbs... (Will fit in a 48" Shop light... Cost $5 a bulb and $15 for the fixture.

Then set it on a light timer that is at 10 hours... Every 5 days add 15 minutes onto the timer (So the light is running a little longer each day) Until you get to 15 hours... Leave at 15 hours of Daylight for 2 weeks... And then once a week decrease the timer 15 minutes of day light per week... It should start to show flower buds inside of a month of the decrease beginning.

Water with Warm water, and keep it near a heat vent BhJ's love warm soil. And need heat to set flower and fruit. With warm soil and simulating the seasonal light changes of it's natural range (Venezuela) you should be able to keep it alive over the winter indoors.

I planted one in a pot last winter and its doing good although no peppers currently will survive winter indoors with minimal light? and blossom in the spring?

Pat, I have a grow light I am not using ATM, want it? It will cost ya a pepper or 2. wink