• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Happend to boot lake thread ?

rockhardinmn

i thought the same ,, maybe Tom or Matt will have an answer . anyhow , was it you Cas that was waiting for those few lakes i have for king to hit ?
kinda glad i took the week off from fishing ,, this thread i thought was a real good one

The person posting the original thread sort of opened up a can of worms. As a moderator, I try hard to contact persons off-site to deal with questionable issues. His profile had no e-mail address and very minimal information as to how to contact him. I posted to have him contact me...he did and we got the issue resolved off-site. The bottom line was accountability to the ethics of this web site....FM does not promote breaking the law to fish. The way the post was worded made it sound like blatant trespassing. Whether it was or not is a moot issue. The original poster asked to have the thread removed so that it did not perpetuate itself and one of the other moderators did so for him. The unfortunate aspect of this is that the poster was young and had no intention whatever of causing a stir or breaking any rules. The other mod and I have spoke with this individual in length and have assured him that he is welcome to post in the future.I would hope that he does exactly that. My intention was not to hurt anyone's feelings or to make someone feel unwelcome. I acted in response to what my duties are. If I see an active promotion of illegal activity, the poster will get called on it....that is what Rick has me on board to watch for. I would encourage all posters to go back into their profiles and add an e-mail address. If things like this come up with regards to them, it will get handled off-site by me. The e-mail address is something I wish was a requirement for subscription as it would make things a lot cleaner to deal with should something like this arise. Case closed, boys .

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
[email protected]

Thanks for the reply crappietom, i agree that some of the comments were sketchy. Rock, it wasn't me asking about any other lakes,but maybe in the near future i will be asking. especially when some of this snow gets off the lakes.

Gentleman i fully agree. in fact it maybe a good idea to pull this talk about it also . i am sure there is allready plenty of folks who have seen it allready and dont need more too.. Cas ,, get ahold of me thru the forum here or email [email protected] if ya care to chat about the lakes up there ,, i sure miss them