• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red crappies minnows

Does anyone know where you can get these minnows in the metro area? The last time I got crappie minnows from Frankies in Chisago City there were a few red ones in with the rest and they definately out produced regular crappie minnows. I saw on a post from the Alex. forum that they are available up there and that they are yearling Fatheads. One other thing...the topic should read Red crappie minnows, not Red crappies minnows. I tried to edit it but couldn't figure out how. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by aftacrops (edited 01-08-2004).]

[This message has been edited by aftacrops (edited 01-08-2004).]

Rosie Reds (Red Crappie Minnows) are definitely a great thing to have on an outing. Some days it's all they'll hit, others you need regular crappie minnows! Sorry I can't help you out in the metro area, contact Matt Johnson and I'm sure he knows where to find some!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]

First a little history. There not colored with food coloring or anything crazy like that. They are born that color and are very hard to come by. They are also not baby goldfish, so dont even think of buying them and releasing them in the lakes, they grow to be carp sized. Lots of folks do that and its illegal besides. Frankie's usally has some unless his ponds freeze out. Plus when he gets them they sell out fast. Another place that has them is St. Croix Outdoors on HWY 8 just outside St. Croix falls WI.

If I where you I would call the owners of S&W Bait in Brainerd as they have them all the time and in all sizes. Find out who there supplier is. There a specialty item that not many bait shop get. The phone number is 218-829-7010. They should set you in right direction. I would also try Vados in Spring Lake Park and Fish Lake Bait in Harris.