• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend Fishing Report

Just got back from a few days up in the Cass Lake area. Spent the weekend with friend Brian Jones of First Choice Guide Service and we hit a few lakes. Brian took a little weekend break from guiding to enjoy some of the fun on his own and rightly so. And what a few days we had...

Got into some real nice fish. I pulled up a crappie that went 16 inches, and boy was it a thick fish! I plan on getting a replica of that fish and a few others that were close in size. Brian Jones also caught a 16 incher. A lot of 12-14 inch crappies and they sure put up a fight. We also got into some pig walleyes too. I caught one that was about 24 inches and another friend of ours that came with got one in the 27 inch range. Missed a couple at the hole that were up there in length as well. A few jumbo perch were mixed in too. A few bonus fish included largemouths and pike.

The crappies were pretty aggressive and hit 1/8 ounce jigging spoons packed with maggots. Small horizontal jigs with maggots or a minnow caught a lot of fish too. Had to search for the fish on occation but we figured out a pattern and located the slabs.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

It was great to meet and fish with you this weekend Matt, you're a great guy and an even better fisherman...;-) That crappie truly was a nice thick fish! The action on Saturday was more than enough to keep a guy happy. I got that crappie pic up on my site from the lake X we will be hitting when you get back to the area, can't wait to hang with you and Brian again and get in some more fishing!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]

Mattyjim,

It was great to meet you and you can bet we will have to hook up soon and stick some of those pig crappie together. Lake X, Y, and Z all await us shortly. I put the pics up from this past weekend on my site so everyone can take a look, hopefully those 16 inchers will grow to be 17's and 18's down the road.

Take care,
Brian

------------------
The Cass Lake Chain
no_spam.com
Phone: (612)730-no_spam

Matt,
Thanks for the kind words. I dropped you an e-mail. Looking forward to hitting the ice again in the near future.

Corey,
Must have been fun with that fly rod to pull in a slab like that. Congrats.

Yeah, those crappies were thick. I measured the girth at about exactly 14.5 inches. Slab is the right word alright wink.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

can it be luck?,

Thank you for the compliments on the photo album. I won’t get to move into my house on Cass permanently until May, and then my dream will pretty much be complete. Noticed you have some very impressive stringer photos of monster eyes on your site. I assume those are Big water fish…looks like a lot of fun!

------------------
The Cass Lake Chain
no_spam.com
Phone: (612)730-no_spam