• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Underwater Camera Tip

protrapper

When fishing for gills or slabs in thick weeds from 5 -12 or so feet here is a tip. Sometimes when using your flasher it will read 5-7 feet or what ever. But if you have a camera drop that down your hole and you will see if, in that spot the weeds open up below the tops of the thick cover that your flasher is picking up. And the fish will be down there on the bottom.

Also sometimes work where the weeds start to open up to the bottom as those big bulls will utilize that thick cover to hide from gators and muskies etc.

Rig your camera upside down so it is looking strait down the hole. Dave Genz came up with this a few years ago. I have down it also for number of years. I find that this is the best way to fish with the camera. Just take a zip tie and thread it through the holes on camera mount. Hope this helps a few of you guys.

Good Fishin,

Trapper

Protrapper, what kind of camera do you have? Does it work after sunset? Do you use it and a flasher at the same time? How many holes do you drill and in what configuration? The reason I'm asking is that I was crappie fishing last night was thinking it would be nice to see how the were 'bumping' my minnows, how close they were, etc.

I use an Auqua- View. I don't use mine at night cause it's not the lighted model. I like to use it perch and bluegill fishing.
And yes I use it with the flasher at the same time also in the same hole unless the water is really shallow. Don't drill in any certain configuration just drill holes till I find biters not sniffers.