• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shrink-Fletching

leech~~

Anyone try these heat shrink replacement fletching? How do they hold up over time? I have a few bad arrows and was looking at them but they seem to have a one-size fits all and I'm not sure how tight they would get on thinner arrows. They look like just another gimic and it maybe time to get the arrows re-fletched at the shop instead? confused

I shoot a thinner arrow and they work just fine. They are easy to install but to me are a little spendy. I think is was like 20 bucks for 5 or 6 of them. They do hold up nice and I will continue using them. Taking them off the shaft is real easy too. I had seven arrows done and one did split on me but I shot these alot before the season started. My opinion is they work well and they will be part of my gear. Great for in the feild fixes as well. Boil some water and your on your way.

Work on all arrows. I put them on my carbon practice arrows last year and took less than 10 minutes. Longest part was waiting for the water to boil. Get em on the arrow, line it up with your knock how you want it, dip it in the water and forget it. I have used the same size on alum arrows as well as smaller carbon arrows. Super easy and worth it, in my opinion.

I've used them for 2 years. Easy to put on and hold up good. The only negative I have to say is if you shoot tight groups and you hit an arrow, the plastic on the shrink wrap may break/rip. This happen my first time out...now I just shoot a 5 spot. Also I shot a doe earlier this year with them, complete pass through, and the arrow/fletching is still usable.