• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Craps deeper finally?

CrappieJohn

I've been waiting for a few weeks now for the craps at Lake Zumbro to take on the usual summer pattern of deep water. Talked with a guy this morning who has spent the last week out there and has been starting to pick the fish up deep instead of half deep or very shallow. They are coming off 18 to 20 foot water, suspending at about the 15 foot mark. This pattern is what the lake normally yields in July. The surface temp is at 84 degrees and the water is clear due to the lack of rain and has a minimal flow right now. Fishing is best done early... the skiers and jet-heads are out in force there and can make for unpleasant fishing. Seems to me awfully late for this type of senario to take shape, but this has been a weird year. Hopefully we will get some heavier fall rains and some COLD weather soon to take the heat out of the water. Guess I will have to try the lake next week when the water-warriors are back in school and work. This has to be one of my favorite times of year, usually allowing me mornings without noise and competition for spots. Gotta go now...pull start handle needs polishing....

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

Tried to get fishing this morning ,but things were not in my future. Got to the lake and launched, only to get a hundred yards out in the lake, opened the throttle, and watched as the pivot shaft snapped of just below the powerhead and threw the boat into a very dangerous,hard left turn. Thankfully the powerhead stayed in the lower joint and didn't take a dunking, but we almost did! It wasn't until after I got the motor shut down that I realized that I was still holding on to the tiller and my knuckles were white. No fish today!

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

Saturday I was out for a few Crappies and found some biters in 18-22 feet of water, hanging about 2 feet off the bottom.

The wind was blowing, but I stuck with a 1/32 oz marabou jig vertically jigged yet and it did the trick.

Starting seeing suspended fish over the 25-30 foot depths. It's getting closer.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]