• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vacation report

sloopjont

Hi Guys!

Just got back from a week of family vacation in the Grand Rapids/Winnie area. We were staying at Cedarwild on Moose Lake but made several off lake trips to keep the 5 and 9 year old happy.

Highlights:
Big sunnies going great on the weedlines;
My nine year old caught his personal best 11", 1 lb 1 ounce gill;
I caught my two biggest crappies ever, one 15 1/2 inch one 15 1/4 inch (caught them on a lake I'd never fished before, dragging a jig on a deep weedline, very clear lake, after it was completely dark).
Those were the only two decent crappies I caught out there that night. Stopped by Jigglestick's house on the way home and he measured them for me (thanks Dave).

When our pictures get developed will try to post them if they turn out.

Good fishin' to all!

Those big pannies and craps are a riot aren't they? Doesn't seem to matter where they were caught or by who...just seeing them fight is a hoot. Sounds as though you did things right...with the young one(s), the fishing, and the vacation in general.

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]