• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pick em for College Hockey???

solbes

I don't know if something changed on the pickem site. It now says weekend series, where as before you picked 1 game at a time. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Also, I don't know how to pick a split, if they are a series pick.

I would much rather it be 1 game at a time. Its to easy to just pick split. I'm doubt too many people hd nodak and denver loosing.

I can.t beleiev we are allowed to hunt either. Atleast when I go, I usally drink to much and then sleep in.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]I don't know if something changed on the pickem site. It now says weekend series, where as before you picked 1 game at a time. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Also, I don't know how to pick a split, if they are a series pick.

I would much rather it be 1 game at a time. Its to easy to just pick split. I'm doubt too many people hd nodak and denver loosing.

I had that same problem. I'm just gonna pick sweeps the rest of the year. I'm so far behind it doesn't matter. I missed a couple of weeks.

Yeah that site has some quirks. Maybe there will be a better one out next year. Or maybe we go back and do it the old fashioned way.

On a related note, why did Denver and CC do 1 game series? They've had one already.

If I remember right Solbes, they ended there season last year with a one game series. I wonder if they break up that series every year to think about it. There's usually some really good fights in it smile. 3 or 4 years ago they had a bench clearing that was as good as the UND/Wisconsin water bottle incident. Remember that one... Well probably not as good as that one. I would love to be able to watch that game. Maybe I can get it on ESPN3. I could watch that before the UND/AA game since they start at 10:00.

Just checked out the water bottle incident on Youtube. Didn't say or show how the water bottle was involved. But I saw some pretty good brawling there. And a guy running down the tunnel to deliver a flying punch. Chaos.

You don't see those at all anymore in college hockey. When did NCAA start issuing game DQ's for fighting? I seem to remember it was when I was in school in the mid to late 90's, but I couldn't find anything online about what the rules used to be.

Yah, we still need to find a better league.

I beleive CC and Denver are playing because the TV network asked them too. TV wanted a double header to go with the Boston battle.

WCHA

Beer fish Matt is 3rd

me 7th

brandon is 13

archery is 20

solbes is 30

and the doormat is brooks 51

Overall nationally

brandon is 2nd

me 9th

Just checked out the water bottle incident on Youtube. Didn't say or show how the water bottle was involved. But I saw some pretty good brawling there. And a guy running down the tunnel to deliver a flying punch. Chaos.

You don't see those at all anymore in college hockey. When did NCAA start issuing game DQ's for fighting? I seem to remember it was when I was in school in the mid to late 90's, but I couldn't find anything online about what the rules used to be.

It got the name "water bottle incident"from when Crary Eades(UND [PoorWordUsage]. coach currently)ran down Wisconsin tunnel with a water bottle and smashed on one of Wisconsin players head thats when the fight really took off after that. Eades was interveiwed earlier this year about that incident. He had some interesting things to say about it. I will have to see if I can link them on here.

I can't remember when they started issuing DQs for fighting. I miss Eddie Shore stlye hockey

Looks like Beerfish is tops in the wcha.

Rank

3, Beerfish

4, [pleasebecomeasponsor]

10, BShannon

27, Solbes

45, Archstud

54, the team formerly known as the Sioux, Brooks

The rank for all leagues

2, Bshannon - thats pretty good dude

10, [pleasebecomeasponsor]

54, beerfish

Sure do Scott!! If you ever want to hook up for some fishing let me know it would great to start meeting some people from the forum!! The wife and I chase muskies on Pelican quite often! As for the Pick'em I usually just pick against the teams I despise smile

Hey, stay away from Pelican Muskies. There are none in there.

What type of boat do you fish out of. I actually think I have seen a guy and his wife out there before. I am chasing skis just about every weekend out there. Im out of a fishhawk.

Brooks fear not, when people arnt good at things they usually quit. Its ok. Yah, we need a better site.

Im not sure if I have seen you out there or not.

Bran maybe next year you want to help me pull the Sioux flag down that is in Hackstols yard. Actually, now I cant remember if you are Sioux fan.

How was the lake for ya this year. I did great until fall, next year I am switching to BigD for late season.

Hopefully no trolls on here as I talk about my lake. Brooks.......Stay in Btown.

I hate the Sioux oops I mean UND so yes I'll help tear that flag down smile It was really slow for us this year and DL was worse but we fished at Leech more than anything and had a fun trip up to Elk lake inside of Itasca state park!!

]Have you ever hit that lake in White earth, that is new to muskies.

I tried to get Brooks out there last year.

I think your on a good thing there Scott. I wouldn't get too detail on a open forum. Send Bran a message in his pm box up top on that one.

Elk is a fun lake. I wouldn't say I'm any expert on it but I've been lucky a few times. I guess thats musky fishing pretty much anywhere I go. Try every angle of fishing then finally one thing works one time. Go back to it a second, third ect. Then you might have something. I'll tell anyone one on one what has worked for me.

Back to hockey. Looking ahead to the final five. It would be cool to get a 5 team layout format of some type. It would be cool to have the brackets printed out and have a point system. Probably need one of the moderaters to help us set that one up. I think you would get alot more people involved in it. If you can do the final five then do the same with the NCAA tourney.

Geeze Brooks, you have been so crabby since the new year, what, you loose your nickname or something. Yah, you are right tho.

We will definitely need a good way yo do our brackets. We used some HSOforum last year, right?