• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its fishing

Made it out this afternoon and evening.

This afternoon I found Crappies in a very untypical pattern for this time of year.

Inside the weedline, 3 feet of water, and also 2-3 feet of water up in the reed beds.

Later this evening the Crappies shifted and 10-13 feet of water was producing Crappies and Bluegills on marabou jigs 1-2 feet off the bottom.

Anyone else not a big fan of this hot and humid weather?

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Been a wierd year, UJ. Started in the winter and has been screwy ever since. This is when we typically get into that hot, arid weather pattern....not hot, arid( from lack of rain) and humid all at once . The atmosphere capped here again yesterday and rain which was in the area didn't have enough lift in it to penetrate the cap, so we are still dry. They said early this AM that the humidity and temps had fallen, but the temp is 70 already with clear skies and the air can be cut it is so thick. Guess its going to be another tough day. No real relief up north either. We are going to the cabin on Tuesday and I'll try the big drink again for lakers. I'm coming home on Weds. morning as I have too much work waiting on me and Ma will return with the kids on Friday. The weather has been wet up there and the temps have been about what we have been having, so the humidity is going to be outrageous there as well. Bugs are bad this year too....black flies and deer flies really mess me up with the bites and I don't do well with the bug stuff. I'll let Ma and the kids enjoy the bug world and I'll just be home working releatively bugless. Ha! No dude, I don't care much for this thick weather either, but what can a fiherman do?

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

Today was cooler and less humid, especially later in the afternoon.

Crappies went strong again in 8-13 feet of water casting marabou jigs. Plenty of Bluegiils to boot as well, and the Pike weren't shy either.

And the work week begins..... frown.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Made it out today, despite some spotty weather and many "scattered" showers and downpours passing through the area.

Got alot of Crappies and Sunfish on the weed edges in 8-12 feet of water. Some slabs found my marabou jig today, C&Ring one close to the 14" mark smile.gif The colder weather was a relief to say the least, but getting chased off by "thunder downpours" every hour got old after a few trips back in.

Hey, I even got to tussle a 10# Doggy fish.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]