• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Capture Minnesota Photo Contest

Hi everyone -

Its been a while since I've posted here, but quite honestly I havent had much to share lately - Ive been busy with my new daughter, Addison (Addie) Mae born on 9/8, and helping my wife through the last couple weeks of her pregnancy. Hopefully Ill have some more time to contribute soon!

But I found something I thought this group might appreciate - last weekend I found a contest called "Capture Minnesota", a fun Minnesota themed photo contest with challenges, voting, image of the day etc. put on by Twin Cities Public Television. A combination of editor selected and crowd favorite images will be chosen to make a book containing the best images of Minnesota its photographers have to offer. Prizes go to the best images and the cover picture, along with gift cards for winning weekly challenges.

The cynic in me wants to complain about the organization using the contest as a ploy to get free images for their book, but the reality is that its just a fun contest put together by a local public television outfit.

Check it out at the link below - notice I've shamelessly linked you directly to my images for voting! I've received about 1200 votes for my 14 images in the last week or so, kind of addicting to say the least! smile

The contest runs through February with the book becoming available sometime in April I think - sign up and start submitting! (I have nothing to do with TPT, just think its a bit of fun!)

http://www.captureminnesota.com/users/brnord

I appreciate the votes - thanks guys!

But, when I said sign up and submit I could have been misinterpreted - although I appreciate any votes I get, I was really putting it up there because I know we have some great talent on this board that might enjoy submitting their own photos.

Thanks again!