• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Elimitrax

LABS4ME

Not a whole lot of response so im going to say what I think. HUNT THE WIND! Your NOT going to fool their nose. JUST SAYING.

Will it help? Who knows, but for sure wind direction plays a bigger factor than any type of odor illimination IMO.

Last year was the first year I went with 100% no scent control, just hunted the wind. Do you know what happened I had deer downwind and cross my trail not care. Or they would pick their head up and take a sniff and go on about their business. Had I been usuing some magical products I would have been convinced they were working as advertised. I also had deer freak out when they hit my scent or trail to the stand, the only conclusion I came to was the age and pressure on the deer in a given area will more than likely determine how they react to your scent. Older deer, especially in pressured areas are going to bust you. Younger deer can be straight up dumb or even curious about your scent.

On the other side of that coin I use to be a freak about scent control and had a very thorough scent control process and still got busted. For me it's not worth the trouble but if you think it gives you some kind of advantage hey go for it.

I fully understand hunting the wind... do it as often as possible. I understand taking all the possible precautions as far as scent control goes... I do not belive carbon suits give any 'measureable' advantage (whole other debate), so I don't go that route... I recognize some deer will turn themselves inside out when they cross a human scent trail and others could give a rip... The elimitrax are for the walk in, not on the stand... I try and hunt prevailing winds on the stand...

I have read a few times how we are fooling our selves that rubber boots do not leave a scent trail... I have read articles where dogs were able to track guys in rubber boots... soooo, with that said I was intrigued by these, Just trying to find one other thing to give me a slight edge. I have limited days I can sit in a stand and it is usually hours away. I try to figure out the best way in to one of my stands with the wind and such, but at times it matters not how I am going to get in to my stand area, I have the chance of being busted... many of the stands are 'hub' stands and have the opportunity of a deer crossing my trail (and thus scent) any time they come through... a couple are 1/4 to 1/2 mile in and thus give them even more chance to cross my scent trail...

so just looking to get any reviews of these. They are modestly priced and thus felt with some positive reviews I would give them a shot...

Good Luck!

Ken

I'm not familiar with the product at all myself. I'm not really picking on you as it's just semantics, not sure what you meant when you said hunt the wind as often as possible? To me it's always possible, even if it means not hunting.

I suppose there can be times when you just absolutely are going to hunt & are at a property where there just is no good spot for the wind. I've been lucky to have enough spots in reasonable range, to not be faced with that. Occasionally that's put me hunting a spot I don't really want to at the time, but I suppose not to surprisingly it's put deer on the ground on some of those occasions.

and again... this product is not for on the stand scent control. Forget the 'wind on stand factor'... I get that. this is not what it is for.

Don't want to sound crabby, but I've been on the apple cart a long time. I get the wind... there are times where I want to hunt a stand and can't figure out the best route in.

it is a product made to give you an edge to get in to a stand location without leaving scent on the ground. As I stated, a few of my stands are 'HUB' stands and the deer can come in from any direction, so I can't nessacarily decide the best way in and want to minimize a scent trail on the ground. From a few articles I've read this summer, rubber boots DO NOT do this like we think. Supposedly this is a product that is 100% scent free and trailing hounds were not able to pick up a scent trail.

So... looking for reviews on this product, I have one reply that said he had a friend who liked them... maybe I'll give them a chance.

So... looking for reviews on this product, I have one reply that said he had a friend who liked them... maybe I'll give them a chance.

Go for it, let us know how it works. The thing I have to ask is what about all the other scent coming off your clothes, skin, hair, or anyting else that is not wrapped up? I am kind of surprised they don't sell a complete head to toe suit.