• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnewashta

Mr. Pike1

Went out today with my father from 9-3:30. The weather was outstanding and the fishing was a great. We caught well over 100 big bull sunfish between the two of us, a few nice black crappies, and several bass, with the largest being a little over 3 lbs. The fish were very tight to the shoreline in about a foot of water. I found it amazing that all around the lake you basically had to toss your bait with in a few feet of the shoreline to catch the fish. The other unique thing that was occuring is that while in the shallow bay fishing for pan fish there were large pike and bass that you could see all around you just 6-12" under the water. It was almost like being at the state fair at the DNR building with all the fish in the pond there...Anyway a great day with dad on the water, I could not get the old boy to come off the lake. Now I know what it was like for him trying to get me to go home all those times when I was just a young tike.