• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High Water

CrappieJohn

For those who are thinking about going to the backwaters near the Wabasha area and places to the south from there, beware. The river has come up dramatically in the last few days and most of the sloughs and backwaters now have as much current as the main channel. Being the first real high water we have had this year, we need to take care with boats because the fall and winter shore clutter is being moved around pretty well and boats can get holes in them from surmerged debris like logs. I once saw a nice Lund 14er just about totalled because the operator was going a tad fast and hit a dead cow, putting a hind leg through the hull. Nice,eh? Just take care if you are on the water from Lake City on down. Good fishing guys...Crapster

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait

[This message has been edited by CrappieTom (edited 04-22-2003).]

Personally I have seen dead pigs, dead deer, dead dogs and dead cats. We were at Red Wing one spring and an eagle was riding down stream on something , eating away and paying no nevermind to anyone. Turned out to be a dead pig it was riding on. You just never know what you'll can find down there during high water. My first boat had on heck of a kiss in the front of it from a submerged telephone pole that went unseen until the impact rolled it around enough to see what it was. High water on the river can be ugly stuff...especially the first high water of the year as it washes away all the debris left from the fall and winter up to and including whole trees. Gotta be careful... Crapster

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait