• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scott ...how did you do?

CrappieJohn

Hey, how was the Red Wing fishing? We went to Alma and caught fish, but man, were they small. Had a hard time finding two for the pan. I spoke with some others that were at RW and they said the bite was very poor. Even Dustin ( from that "other" site)had a hard time finding fish. Saw him this morning and all he could do was shake his head. And he makes his living as a river guide. Hope you did well enough to get back the fees anyway. Crapster

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait

Tom, I posted in the Tournament Forum but here I go again. We did well all weekend. We were ninth on Saturday and 2nd on Sunday. We threw back a lot of legal fish on Saturday AM because it was a no-cull tournament. Then we ended up only weighing in 4 nice fish for 9th place, ouch!!

Sunday we hit our "A" spot and hammered them. We boated 2 quick 22 inchers and then I hooked into "the fish" a 60 lb flathead. I fought it for 1/2 hour and finally landed it. We immediately took it in to be weighed but the scale only went up to 50. So a few pics and released her. Awesome fish!! Back to the "A" spot, we had 2 doubles and we were done. All the fish were 21-22 inches. We were done fishing by 8:30 in the AM. The bite was nothing short of Awesome.

Adam got one really nice crappie, so that should tell you where we were fishing grin.gif It was a good weekend for us. I will be back down the weekend of the Lake Pepin Open but I will be fishing the MTT that weekend.

We were jigging Green Scenic Tackle Jigs in 3/8 ounce, tipped with a minnow. Plastics took 2 of the fish. It didn't really matter plastic or not, but the green/chartuese Scenic Tackle jigs were the key.

I am still sore from holding that Cat for the pictures.LOL

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com