• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tasted my first Crappie

I was Ice fishin this weekend in Ma. and brought a nice 13 inch Crappie that I caught the weekend before to have for lunch. I cooked it up on my charcoal grill in an old cast iron pan with butter and onions. It was great! The best freshwater fish (other than trout) I've ever tasted! Too bad the fishin was not so good or I could have had some more to eat. First time I've gotten skunked this year on the ice. Had a great year so far though. Need to get some more of those Crappies... Yum Yum

Wishin2BFishin

inmy opinion walleye adn northern tastes better than crappie. dont get me wrong i love crappie to but i would rather have a nice walleye or northern fillet. congrats on the first crappie though.

------------------
Big D