• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

16' Crestliner Angler

Hory

What are some of the pro's and con's of a 16' Crestliner Angler (tiller style)? Could this boat handle slightly bigger water (Pool 4 on a windy day?)

Our family is looking for a boat to leave at the cabin considering my river-rig at home just isn't enough when everyone visits...and we came across one for sale that seems to fit the mold. I believe the boat that we are looking at is a 2003, with a 2005 mercury 40hp 4stroke on the back. There is a 40lb minkota trolling motor at the front, as well as a relatively cheap depth finder. The boat also has vinyl floors. All 3 of the seats in the boat are new...the boat also has a livewell and a solid trailer. Is $5500 as a starting point on this boat anywhere close?

Thanks for the help!

Crestliner builds a solid boat. If taken care of I think the price is very fair. The 40 will move the boat just find as long as you want to fish and not race grin If you like the boat, go for it I don't think you will be disappointed. You probably won't find a boat like that at that price. Just my opinion.

Mike

Are there major differences between a Crestliner 1600 Angler, and a Crestliner 16 Angler? I believe one is rated at 50hp and the other at 60hp. What kind of speed would you expect out of this rig? I'm not looking for a racer...but being able to get 25mph or better would be nice.

I have a crestliner night hawk with a 40 evinrude. I can usually get about 28 MPH. It is a good stable fishing rig. If you buy that boat it should have no problem fishing on pool 4. I have seen much smaller boats out there....