• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cedar Waxwings and Green Herons

LeeKen

I didn't realize that cedar waxwings would pick bugs out of the air. They surrounded the bridge at Dunton Locks and took turns diving through cloud of airborne insects. They would perch long enough to swallow their catch and then back into the bugs.

While I was watching the waxwings I saw a couple of green herons fly in. After trying and failing, to sneak close, the birds decided to come to me and pose.

full-23190-11932-img_0064.jpg

full-23190-11933-img_0068.jpg

full-23190-11934-img_0112.jpg

full-23190-11935-img_0137.jpg

full-23190-11936-img_0155.jpg

I used the provided upload tool. How do you control the image size?

I've seen Cedar Waxwings swooping bugs over a trout stream many times. Easily my favorite backyard bird. Hard to mind your fishing with a bunch of these beauties flying overhead!