• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's a 96 Lund Laker 16, 40hp Johnson worth?

JosMN

My neighbor has one, on trade he would get 2k. I told him to sell it seperate but what would be a fair price for this? The boat has literally hardly been used, original owner. I have lived in my house for 5 years now, and I have seen him take that boat out once, maybe twice. It is stored inside in the winter, etc. The motor would probably need a tuneup which I told him to do before selling it. It has power tilt, livewell, bildge, casting deck up front and I believe a transom mounted trolling motor - not sure how many pound thrust. Older Lowrance electronics. I said 3k ballbark. Am I too high? Any ideas? Tried to do the bluebook, but can't get a realistic price. Thanks all

your probably right in that $2000 to $3000 range. It depends on which model 40 HP it is. NADA lists a few different 40HP Johnsons. also is the motor also a '96. If I would have to guess the boat is worth about $1500, motor $500.00, & trailer $500.00 so $2500 total. pics would also be nice to see the condition to better judge.

Motor is also a 96, has VRO, electric start, TNT - its the black model, not the white. It is now basically a wash, he took it down and traded it in yesterday afternoon, didnt want to deal with listing it and selling it. I would have given him 2k on the spot and sold it in the spring. It will be down at Lacannes. I will be interested how much they ask for it, my guess, $3500, atleast. Was a real nice boat. The motor alone should be worth way more than $500, up more towards 1k or above I would think.

According to the ad on a-sales-site, it's worth $3800. Nearly 90% profit if someone buys it at that price.

Didnt realize you already posted that it was on there. I guess they will come out pretty good if somebody buys it at that price. Wow.