• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

broadhead question

Fish&Fowl

In all honestly it took me less time to tweak her rest ever so slightly then it would have to move her sight. Now the great part is when we go to a 3 - d shoot this weekend she can use her field points and not have to change her sight back to broadheads so she can hunt the following week.

Moving your sight and moving on seems like a lot of unnecessary work to me.

Too each their own. It isn't wrong either way if you ask me. I personally try to get my broadheads shooting with my fp's. But I also understand that some people really don't care either way. I figure if I don't have to practice with my broadheads all the time then I am just saving their use and possibly even saving some money down the road by shooting fp's MOST of the time during hunting season.

Just this past fall, my wife's bow was paper tuned and walk back tuned great, put broad heads in and made it slightly off of field points. Made a very small adjustment to the rest and it fixed everything. Both have the same point of impact now.

Good luck moose hunting by the way!

That is going to be my goal tonight! I have mostly done away with paper tuning as well, but I tried it the other night for peace of mind and it was shooting bullets so I left it be. I will tweak the QAD rest and hopefully come up with good groups with all heads at all ranges!

Well I'm going to be going backwards a few steps before a broadhead tuning update. I was almost positive the QAD rest I had was equipped with a "stop" to keep it from bouncing, but it isn't. After realizing this I decided to check my clearance with using powdered foot spray and the rest had white all over it, even made contact when I switched the cock vane down.

Needless to say I more than likely found the issue with my broadhead tuning, at least for the most part I hope. I will have a Ripcord here by Monday and then it'll be on to tuning again...

Thought i would bring this back up quick, we shot my gf's bow this weekend with broadheads to see if we were gonna have to make any changes to the sight, she shoots 125 grain hellrazors and they flew like a champ, didnt have to make any adjustments hit in almost the exact same spots as the field points pretty happy about that.

F&F about your ripcord...unless they have just changed it, it drops when you let down and you have to re-set it up again...just fyi if you didn't know.

Yeah that's gonna take me a little getting used to but as long as I'm getting good clearance it's well worth it. Putting it on tonight, too windy to try sighting it in but hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this but say I get the rest set up as square as possible and adjusted as correctly as possible. I shoot and get my BH's and FP's to group nicely together. Should I assume everything is in tune and then adjust my sights if the groups are, for example, low and left? That makes more sense to me than moving the rest just because my sights happen to be where they are.

Yep F&F just get them grouping in the same spot then adjust your sights till your blowing the X's out, It's really nice when they do fly to the same point of impact saves your targets when you can just shoot field points and leave the fixed blades sharp in the quiver.