• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie bite under the full moon?

redhooks

I have caught several crappies in the last 2 evenings that had some kind yellow/brown malto-meal looking dump in thier mouths and stomachs-upon closer investigation it looked like a bunch of small (alfalfa sprout) white worms mixed in? The thing that seemed funny is that this lake is normally good for the night bite but the fish I caught were before sunset and then the bite shutoff cold right at dark-I would think this be the opposite with the moon being full this week-any ideas on what they are eating or why the bite ended right at dark w/ a full moon?

Hello,

I have caught some fish in the last week with that malto meal like stuff in their bellys as well.

As far as moon phases, this is my opinion:

Some lakes a full moon improves fishing and others it has a more negative affect. And then and some lakes it doesn't seem to affect the bite at all.

I do know that I have seen average bite times change while a full moon was present when fishing certain bodys of water.

How to detirmine what lake does what though...that's a different story. Maybe some others can give some good insight on this.

craig

I have never given too much thought on moon phases when I go fishing. I might be missing something, but if they bite, they bite. If they don't, then at least I wasn't at work. wink.gif

thanks, Westlin

fishingworks.com
search
"solunar"

Sorry, Maori charts are those things that confuse me on the Field & Stream site. I like the Solunar tables better.

They may be the same as vector charts...dunno.

------------------
< )/////><{
RobertC

[This message has been edited by RobertC (edited 01-20-2003).]

Y'know, one would think that the moon phase would just HAVE to affect the feeding, but that theory has gotten me squat. Now, the Maori charts, on the other hand, seem a good guideline. Those 2-hour windows of "prime" time seem to really me the deal.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC