• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which boat to buy????

Snake River  King

2000 Ranger 619 VS 175hp vmax 8 hp kicker some older electronics on it and prolly a 7-10 rating for quality.

2011 Stratos 1760 dvs, Ipilot, 80lbs vantage, 2 hds7 115hp etec

I wanna fish Mille Lacs more and maybe in a couple years start guiding. Which boat do you think is better? I know the ranger is bigger and has a bigger engine but no warranty and 10 years old?

Kicker 8hp or vantage? I love pulling lindy rigs and using jigs.

As a side not the dealership that has the stratos has been very good to me and I really enjoy my time there

Vmax is a solid motor and the kicker I assume is a T8 Yamaha?

When I really upgrade, I'm buying the most Ranger I can afford regardless of how used it is. I've fished out of 99 and 2000 model 620s within the last few years and there sure ain't a heck of a lot of difference between newer boats. Yeah I know they make tweaks every year and the newer models are cleaner and "newer" but they are still great boats.

Heck... My plan is to buy a 98/99 Ranger 690 if I can find the right one with a Merc 175 EFI and use it for a few years.

Don't let me sway you into anything though. wink

If it was me, between those two boats, I go with the 619. Personally, I've been in a 16 and 17 footers and now a 21. I can't imagine going back. The storage space, the ride and more deck space. You can pack a few more gear and people without sacrificing performance. If your wallet allows you, I go with the bigger boat. Electronics are always coming and going, DI and SI units are becoming cheaper and they're affordable.