• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Floor coating for aluminum?

Lowblazah

I'm stripping my boat down this fall, removing carpet, reloacting the console and was thinking about doing some sort of epoxy based/UV resistant textured non skid paint on the deck/floors. My goal is to be able to hose/squeegee it out when done fishing. It has to be able to hold up against a pressure washer too...

Curious to hear what you guys have used and more importantly had success with. What have you used? How does it hold up to anchors dropping on it, river silt/sand, sun fading, time...ect ect?

My floors are aluminum...need aluminum advice here...not wood thanks.

I haven't done this but if you find paint for aluminum you can sprinkle sand onto the wet paint, let it dry then give it another coat of paint. That's how I have seen them do concrete nonslip floors in garages and walkways. Just gotta make sure you have the paint that will adhere to the aluminum.

An epoxy paint with grit (that I have on my deck) has got two things going against it- it's loud when you drop stuff on it and the sand wears off. I'll be going with a do it myself bed liner (roll on or spray) next time. Andrew- I think yours is at least painted already right? It should actually stick good then whatever you do- as long as you scuff it up good. It's just a pain in the A when it's bare bones aluminum.