• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for new spot

jiggin pig

jiggin pig,
Welcome to FM.
About the best place to fish in Red wing would be Baypoint park. They have been catching some panfish around the docks and if you set up a tip-up w/shiner there is a good chance for Pike. Best chance for walleyes would be near the mouth of the bay but be carefull the ice is alot thinner there.

As the ice on Pepin gets thicker you could venture down to Frontenac to the public landing and head south for long point or north to methodist point(watch out for springs) or point-no-point. Walleye and saugers can be found in all 3 areas but finding them may take some time.

Good luck!

------------------
Jimmy
Marcum

jiggin pig,
For more fishing info around Red wing you might want to check in on the Miss. river pools 2-4 forum also.

I have been hearing some reports that Frontenac pond is putting out some decent panfish and Pike this year. Might want to give that a try?

------------------
Jimmy
Marcum

Jimmy,

I'm going to take your advise and go to frotenac on sunday. I just got back from chester woods in rochester. Lots of fish. But some of them had black spots on the skin and fillet, but no yellow larvae. what could that be, any idea. thanks