• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

water leak fron behind dashboard?

Scupper

99 Lund 17 ft sport/fisher w/90 Merc. While navigating Mille Lacs yesterday I noticed my legs were getting wet. After a quick run to another mud flat I noticed the coolness of wet legs again. After some inspection I found my tuck under shelf wet and had concerns. Upon leaving this flat for another I noticed water spraying downward from up behind the dash in what was a pin like stream.

Is there a line that carries water from the motor to the tachometer or the speedometer for measuring rpm's or speed?

P.S, no alcohol involved. Please share your thoughts...as to the water leak.

Thank you Bruce.

The few I reached out to for an answer (non professionals) thought that I was at the very least, Drunk.

Any hints to repairing or is self explanatory once I pull the dash?

Thank you again,

Scott

Very simple. Its just a black tube, look for a hole split, etc. If there is enough slack, just cut it back and slide it back on. May even have come off on its own and u just need to reattatch. Use a zip tie to hold it in place.

Found a split about 10 inches from speedo. Cut it and inserted a plastic sleeve which I found in my misc small engine parts drawer. whistle

One more unrelated question. I'm looking for a "used" motor cover/shroud for a small outboard. Could you point me in the direction of a bone-yard for parts?

I have tried the ones around the cities with no luck.

Thanks again Bruce.

Scott

Found a split about 10 inches from speedo. Cut it and inserted a plastic sleeve which I found in my misc small engine parts drawer. whistle

One more unrelated question. I'm looking for a "used" motor cover/shroud for a small outboard. Could you point me in the direction of a bone-yard for parts?

I have tried the ones around the cities with no luck.

Thanks again Bruce.

Scott

Try giving Trail N Lake sports up in Park Rapids a call. He has a ton of old motors and parts and may have what you need. Just be patient, the owner is going through some serious health problems and isn't around all the time. If you need a number let me know.