• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dog vests?

fishnhuntnboy

I went and bought the avery dog vest today from cabelas and have never had one for the dog before. Question is how are they suppose to fit? I measured her and got the one that I believe would fit. Now are they suppose to be a little snug or have some breathing room? Around the neck she has the room but is tighter around the chest. Measurements are 18 around neck and 28-28.5 around chest and when I zip the vest up about half way is when it gets tighter and is this suppose to be? Any info will help.

Thanks

I've tried different vests on my dogs and have had no luck, they all rub the dog raw in her armpits. I run gsp's, so they are generally deeper chested, might be my problem. I've just accepted cut and rubbed chests aster a day in the field.

They should be snug... I actually like when I have to work a little to get them to zip up. Less drag when swimming.

I personally never use one for upland hunting and see no reason to do so, but if you choose to put one on your dog, make sure it is quite cool out or run the risk of over heating. Many of the vests out there can be trimmed in the arm pits to open up the hole to lessen the ability for the vest to chaff or rub raw the area under the front legs.

Good Luck!

Ken

Thanks for the info. It is snug and I went out today to useit and about half zip is when it got a little tighter. After she was in the water I checked again and there was a little room but not much, just enough for my hand to get down to her chest so I believe it'll be good.