• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

slide scanner reccomendations

I'd like to find a slide scanner to use to transfer 35mm slides to computer and probably then to disc. I need a simple unit offering sufficient resolution for personal use images-professional quality not needed. When I get ready to start on my 5000 serious slides I'll pop for a Nikon. I hear horror stories about so many scanners I've about given up. One pal just bought Epson and then spent most of two days downloading software fixes, upgrades and tweaks. I am not tech savy and not willing to do that. I want a unit I can slap a power cord on, stick disc in computer and load scanner and be scanning slides in less than two hours.

Anybody have thoughts.

If you look back a few months I believe there was some discussion about scanners. My own experience has shown that for even marginal quality you need to get into a better Nikon scanner. I do have an Epson that scans five slides at a time and is relatively quick and easy to use but I can't say I am all that impressed with the quality though it might be good enough for what you want.