• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

135 Optimax running a little slow

holmsvc

Give some more info. How many RPMS last year, how many this year? Did you check the prop for any dings? Old gas, new gas? What year is the motor? (i.e. old plugs...) You say it is getting up to speed, but not as fast... but is it getting ALL THE WAY up to speed, or a few mph short at WOT.

Here are the easy things, after that you more help than I can give smile

dings on prop (even a little ding can affect it pretty big)

bad gas (though would likely idle worse)

old spark plugs? I'd change them anyway if older than a couple years

weight different in boat (i.e. LOTS more weight in front of boat)

Good luck, hope you can find problem, as it stinks to have motor issue. But that is a bullet proof motor, so hopefully simple issue.

My 135 Optimax started running a little slower than usual. It starts and idles just fine, but is running about 5 to 10 mph slower and is not getting up to speed quite as quick as usual. Any ideas?

Folks are right, "a little slower" is quite subjective and could be as simple as it is now warmer and EVERY motor makes less power the warmer it is. What RPMS etc, if off by more than 2-300 then probably something else. If not then I would chalk it up to it being summer. Good Luck, Paul