• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Miss Information

Them folks at Midwest Outdoors really need to learn a thing or two.. Was just watching a segment where they were bow fishing for carp.. and they were also nailing buffalo and quillback and the lady on a couple occasions goes "This is a Buffalo Carp.." and "Oh its a Quillback Carp".. Learn your fishes! Especially if you're on national television..

Nice! Did they also spread the myth that you are doing the resource a favor by removing all rough fish as well crazy

I don't know how many times I've heard people say that you're required by law to kill a certain fish once it's caught. I've even heard this about native fish like bowfin.

yep, i've seen that episode. i wasn't happy about it. yesterday, while i was fishing, a guy next to me catches a drum, his buddy goes "oh is it another sheephead?" "no sheephead is a saltwater fish, this is a carp" and later, i caught a big bowfin, and a guy was telling me i should throw it up on shore.

sigh.......

I run into dopes all the time telling me to throw the fish I'm catching on shore- idiots!

However, even though I consider myself to be very well-versed in freshwater fish, even I didn't know Buffalo were native until a few years ago.

And here's one for you guys too that you might not know- the mighty night crawler that we all love so much is an invasive species in most (maybe all?) of North America and does considerable damage to the flora and fauna of our forests!

If the average Joe doesn't know the difference.. that doesn't bother me all that much.. Its when "educated" people who have a television show don't know their information...

And yes.. I know crawlers are invasive.. thanks for pointing that out to people who may not know