• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transducer Spray

PTocko

Have a lowrance tranducer that sprays A LOT. Reads well so I really don't want to move it. Have done numerous searches and have found a spray deflector for HB tranducers but nothing for Lowrance. Has anyone found anything that deflects the spray downward preferably without drilling more holes (but for Lowrance)? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Good Luck, Paul

I have the same problem with mine also. I figure its not getting in the boat so it can stay that way I don't need any more holes. Can you adjust it up and down on the screws you mounted it with to the boat? I left enough room to do that so if I want I can move it up so it won't spray.

Not sure this will work on your, I have a bird. i put a sheet of plastic from a 5 gallon bucket lid between the boat and the ducer mount. cut a slit for the ducer and bent the sheet around to lay on top of the transducer. works very well. I siliconed the plastic to the back of the boat so it wont move and stay water tight but still allow me to move the transducer up and down on the screws.

My guess would be it is not set deep enought and it is gliding on top of the water which causes excessive spray. Another thought is thay the ducer is set so it levels out when the boat is on plane causing a wake and spray. One more guess would be that there is a space between the ducer and stern causing water to run upward through the gap and spray out like water coming out of a hose.