• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5 new ways to catch a Muskie

5 new ways to catch a Muskie

We started making larger tackle for Muskie and Pike this year. I'll be the first to admit we have some things to learn. We're taking small steps and measuring incremental progress, trying to stay on the road.

The big spinners have caught Pike and Muskie in Washington and New Mexico, even a Chinook in a Washington Sound, what a beautiful fish.

We have 1/2oz to 1oz bucktails and skirted spinners and 1oz to 2oz spinnerbaits.

We don't have any being fished in Minnesota or Wisconsin yet.

That said, your support and constructive feedback will help influence and improve the spinners design and help us get some larger spinners for these species. Something different they haven't seen before.

Take a look and if you've got suggestions, feel free to PM me. Better yet, give em some time in your favorite waters.

That said, here's a few pictures of what we're selling.

Muskie Dinner Bells and Special Editions - this hammered nickel willow with the black clacker is a real noisy combination.

BlackGold_560.jpg

Muskie Prism Eyes

TransYellow_560.jpg

Stacked skirts

StackedDinnerBell02_560.jpg

The prism eyes are lacquered on a flat bead. We paint the bullets in about 10 colors and have about 10-20 blade shape and size choices.

1oz Zonker baits

427w420h279.JPG

2oz Closed loop Spinnerbaits

The rat-tied 2oz spinnerbaits are custom ordered.

The webstore Large Spinner Category and Spinnerbait categories have grids with the colors we have available. 2oz spinnerbaits are individually listed.

There's also double clevis model spinner (not pictured) being tested.

About 50 are hanging from a chickenwire rack in the shop and right now they're chanting - Send me to Minnesota!

Well, some are chanting "Send me to Wisconsin!" too.

Here's a bad picture of the 2 blade double clevis spinners I mentioned. Ran out of light after making a few this evening, and the flash bled out.

I put a bearing above the bottom clevis stirrup so the top clevis rides on it. Also added a riser below the skirt to push the 2/0 treble out to the end of the fold. That should avoid the need for a stinger. 8in Silicon Starflash skirts. Blades are like 6 or 7 Colorado's and Indiana's. Weigh 1oz.

You seen em here first though.

MHS_560.jpg