• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who does Seasonal Camping?

DRH1175

We currently have a 29' Camper that we pull around. We have been talking about maybe doing a seasonal next year because of ease of lack of time with our work schedule seem nice to just drive up and have the Camper ready every weekend. I also would like to bring the boat to enjoy fishing. Where is everyone at and how do you like it? Those who do it and used to be weekenders are you glad you did it? We are going to try a few different campgrounds that offer it and if we like it get on the list for next year.

I have a seasonal at Whispering Bay Resort on South Center connected to North Center in Lindstrom good fishing 17 miles from my home with full marina / ramp, gas, boat slips in quiet sheltered bay with the distance and price of gas a day trip, weekend or evening boat cruise no problem.

HARP

I did the math at one point. At the resort/campgrounds we were looking at, I could pay my camping fees, buy my groceries, and pay for gas for our camping weekends with the annual fee for a seasonal, not even considering the bills for electric/etc that go with the seasonal. And that was when we camped 3 weekends a month, very often an hour or more from home. That said, a seasonal would have definite benefits!

I think there are two other factors 1) Do you have a family and 2) Space to store your rig.

Currently my kids are 10 and 6 and "going" to different places, states really excites them and the wife and I. I would worry that in our situation with a seasonal we may not go to Glacier, Yellowstone, Colorodo etc.etc.. Plus if the kids are in any weekend actitivites in the summer ie; softball, you won't get up there nearly as much. Or head to the NorthShore during october.

Storage of camper. We live in a new subdivision with limited space. Therefore a large camper is a pain in the heiny. But if we had a 30' in this situation why not put it somewhere where we don't ahve to deal with storing it but can still use it in an hours drive? In other words if I had 5 acres and just pulled in at home and dropped the camper it would be ALOT easier.

I have a seasonal 4 1/2 hours from home.

I have no little kids to drag with and make happy.

I leave my boat up there.

The pro's...........I can drive up and turn the lights on and go fishing or to bed. Don't need to worry about setting up. I know who my neighbors are for the season. I won't have any surprise party hounds to ruin a quiet weekend for me. Biggest thing is there are NEVER any jet ski's or skiers where I am. I have a seasonal for "getting away" first and foremost. I don't want to be bothered, fishing is secondary.

Cons..........costs more then pulling up for a weekend.

Seasonals for sure are not for everybody. They are expensive and many times they stack units in to tight. Seems your neighbors are right on top of you. The farther from the metro you get the less the cost (generally) and the less crowded they are. If you want piece and quiet more then fishing look towards a small lake with a small campground that offers seasonals. You should always swing into the campground you are interested in on a holiday weekend. It will let you know who the "partiers" are and who the quiet, older neighbors are. You will want to select your spot according to the group you fit into.