• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Charging 2 Batteries at Once

UMC

I am pretty sure that if you hook 2 12-volt batteries up properly (parallel?)that both could be charged at once from a 12-volt charger. Could anyone provide me a diagram of how to do this? Thanks

You might be able to do that with an on-board charger, with-out damaging the batteries. Parallel means pos. to pos, and neg. to neg. terminals. I had two batteries hooked up that way on my trolling motor, and hooked up the charger to one of the batteries...thinking it would charge them both. Do Not do it that way...it shortened the life of my batteries, by boiling out the acid. I would either get an on-board charger to charge them both properly...or disconnect the 2 batteries, and charge them separately with your charger.

hook them + to + and - to - put the power lead of the charger on the + of one battery and the negative lead on the - of the 2nd battery. Agreed the best way is a 2 bank onboard charger, plug it in between trips and forget it.