• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PERCH

Hello everybody,
I was wondering something about perch. I was just out fishing yesterday and i hammered the perch. They were only about 7 or 8 inches long. After a while of catching these small ones we caught a few nice keepers. I was wondering where and how can I start catching the keepers without having to go through the little ones first....???????

head it up to lake bronson! some of the biggest perch you'll see. seriously.
anyother lakes, you just got to be patient... haha (what does the mink and golfer have to say about that)

------------------
-dont take 'em all

Hey Northerboy,I dont think you need to relocate, just try using alittle bigger tear drop or a bigger jig, I have used sweedish pimples before and they work well to for larger perch, eyes, and pike. I like to tip mine with an eyeball or wax worm. It makes it harder for the smaller ones to eat.

I'll agree with the bigger lure theory. I have had the same problem with the Perch on the Lake I fish so I decided to just fish for walleye/northern pike but to my surprize jumbo perch were hitting my big lures (sweedish pimples) Try going bigger it worked for me!!